Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Sex Talk



When I was about 8 my grandma gave my older sister and I the sex talk.

"One day you are going to meet a guy, and you're going to like him. He's going to take you up into the woods. He's going to want to, and you're not going to want to. And if you don't come across he's going to leave you there."

My sister and I still discuss this. What were we suppose to do? Come across or be left? Which was the route she was encouraging?

I think my grandmother may have been trying to get out of work. She made over 100 quilts each year for unwed mothers and would make well over 300 dolls each year for needy children.

Still, come across or not to come across.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I wouldn't have even known what she meant. He's going to want to WHAT? So I'm supposed to come across something in the woods? Like a bridge?