Sunday, December 9, 2007

Doppelganger

Spencer and I had two friends in Utah that we always dreamed of hooking up. Since I don't need to tell you their names I'm going to make up names. Her name is Strawberry-pop and his name is Rexalicious.

Strawberry-pop and Rexalicious didn't know each other and were not friends. Both were single.
I tried on several occasions to get them together but Strawberry-pop was one not to be crossed. If she felt like she was being set up on a date, I would probably end up being tied to the ground with a room full of babies. (If this analogy seems a bit foreign just borrow someones baby for a while and let them crawl around by your face. They dig their tiny little nails everywhere, especially eyes mouth and nostrils, and they are remarkably fast to hurt you.)

Spencer and I moved to Bellingham and we found a man who looked and acted remakably like Rexalicious. In fact his name was even Rexalicious. Wanting a Bellingham version of our Utah friend we quickly invited him over. His wife was named Strawberry-pop! She was just like the Utah Strawberry-pop--she loved to watch horrible TV and knew it was horrible TV. She liked musicals minus most Rogers and Hammerstein. I had so much fun with Strawberry-pop that I didn't even realize I was with Bellingham version it felt like the real thing.

Please be on the look out for my doppelganger. I bet she's awesome.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh sad - I've been replaced. Your pseudonyms do not fool me! Plus Spencer told me about this yesterday. Well, the me part. Not the other stuff, because I have no idea who this Rexalicious is, but I picture him with the head of a rat.