Monday, August 4, 2008

words that hurt


So many problems from words. For instance I thought I wanted to see The Spirit cause Will Eisner is classic but Frank Miller, yuck. I finally saw a trailer and my head hurt the story looks like a lonely middle school kid wrote it.
My dad recently had a problem with words.
My parents and I decided to take a walk to Country Village a tacky farm craft tourist trap in Bothell, so that Adia could see the ducks. There was a little girl with tiger face paint on. My dad points out "Hey look, a Tigger!" Referring to the beloved coffee lovin pooh charter. Instantly my dad cringes on the choice of words. The family who are of African decent, do not smile and my dad is hoping they didn't mishear him, "Um.. nice face paint," he tries to save.

2 comments:

Zachary said...

Still...your Dad is awesome. Seriously.

Rebecca said...

I doubt they misheard him. Even if they did, it's pretty unsual for someone to say "hey look, a *igger!" in a happily surprised, talking-to-baby voice. Actually, that would be pretty funny.