Friday, August 8, 2008

Ear Candy

Spencer: I hate when I see a movie and the characters are nothing that I pictured.
Me: Yeah like when you read Tyrion in the George R. R. Martin books. You make him with such a whiny voice. I guess that is probably closer to what he would sound like. But I still picture him looking like that sexy dwarf from LotR.
Spencer: Yeah... that worries me. When you think Gimli is hot, I wonder how I compare.

My sister and I went to Kinder Britches today and after buying head bands we found adorable tights that were too much money. After coveting, we gave up and started to leave.
The store owner stopped my sister and handed her a pair. "I went into this business to make people happy," she says. She handed me a pair too.
I can't explain how elated I am. As we were walking away my sister realized she forgot the plastic dress up jewelry she bought at the store. We decided it might be bad taste to go back and ask for it.

3 comments:

Zachary said...

It's good to know that there are good people out there who ARE in the business to make people happy. And they aren't hookers.

I'm worried about your dwarf attraction too.

Rebecca said...

#1) That's such a great story! I love it when strangers are just super nice for no reason.

#2) I should never have watched the Harry Potter movies, because now when I read the books I can't picture the characters how I originally pictured them. Now I just see the actors, and I kind of despise Hermione. I liked her before I saw the movies.

#3) On your blog, often the black lines go right over something you've written, and it's really hard to figure it out.

Chrissy said...

becca,
I should look at it on a PC cause the mac doesn't cross anything out until I scroll the words up. Sadly blogger will not let me edit to my liking.