Wednesday, October 29, 2008

NOT DADA

Last night Spencer held Adia while I was trying to plug something in. Adia cried, "not dada, MAMA!"If anyone wants to make me this toy for Christmas you will forever be my BFF.

I'm trying to get Adia use to the idea that one day we will start toilet training. I showed the sign for toilet, I talk about it and I read her books. The books make me cringe. I hate saying potty, wee wee and poo poo. For some reason every book I've read had the idiotic child putting the "potty" on their head as a hat and ending with the tot triumphantly bringing the beloved "potty" filled with the joyous site of poo poo and wee wee to the parents.

Sadly when it come to the actual training I will probably put the mini toilet in the corner surrounded by newspaper, "Theres the poop bucket, and don't you go bringing it to me."

3 comments:

Zachary said...

You know how in a perfect world it would be really cool if we had scrolling captions above our head that would say how we really feel?

Well, mine would currently say, "Not Jealous"

Rebecca said...

I love that toy. As for the toilet training - I HATE those mini toilets. You have to CLEAN THEM OUT. I say just make them use the regular toilets. They have little cushions you can put on the seat to make it easier for them to sit (and not fall in), and you get to flush it all away like it never existed. Ah, yes thank you.

sachiko said...

That's funny. I had a friend in the dorms who had difficulty using a shared restroom with the whole hall. Her mom sent her "everyone poops." It was pretty awkward when she proudly opened her package from home and that was sitting ontop. Tell Adia that story, then she'll start working on her bowel impulses for sure. I don't agree with the nicknames either, but I'm a hypocrite so when I was relaying a story about a kid hitting a staff in the balls I thought "That's unprefessional to say balls" so I said "hoo, hoo's" instead. It went over a lot better.