Saturday, November 24, 2007

Flattery will get you everywhere

When I was little my older brother and sister would rave about my skills as a popcorn chef.
I believed it. I thought that my mixture of butter and salt was precise, unlike that of Jolly Time.
I tried my skills in the kitchen on other food like my gourmet success, Top Roman.
I thought it was the way I followed the directions that somehow it was in another language that only true chefs could read.
After that was mastered I began boiling the noodles and then frying them with spices (the packet that is included) and adding frozen stir fry vegetables.
My brother and sister ate well.
It wasn't till I was in 8th grade and they moved out that I realized that the only reason they told me I was so good was because they didn't want to make it themselves.
My older sister was so good at this that she was even able to get my little sister to make cookies and brownies which she would bring to her boyfriends as a token of love.

No comments: