Sunday, November 11, 2007

Drive up drug deal

My friend Katie was in my parent's neighborhood visiting her mother. My mom drives by and sees Katie stepping out of her own car. My mom slams on her breaks and rolls down her window.
"Katie!" she exclaims. "Have you been taking Calcium?"
"no," Katie responds.
"Do you want to?" My mom hands her a bottle of calcium pills and drives off.

My mom is really generous she has stopped foreigners at fast food restaurants and invited them to stay at our house. She stops when she sees any elderly person and gives them a ride.

She thinks that this is how normal people act.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's AWESOME. Do the foreigners ever think she's trying to kidnap and kill them?

Carly Rose said...

This reminds me of one of the funniest things I ever witnessed with your mom.

So we were driving somewhere (I have no idea where, I was probably like 8) and Suzanne spots this little old hunchback lady walking down the street holding groceries.

So she's like "oh no! we need to give her a ride home!" so she pulls over next to the little old lady...

Meanwhile Katelyn and I are fighting over who is going to have to sit next to this woman ...

So Suzanne rolls down the window and says "Hi! Do you need a ride home?" and the little old lady glances over, looks quite alarmed, turns her head completely the other way and starts speed walking (as best she can)

and your mom's like "No! It's ok, I just want to give you a ride home!"

And the woman tries to walk faster still.

So Suzanne suggests that we get out of the car and help her with her grocery bags

and I'm just like "uhh .. i don't think she wants help."

So your mom (still keeping up with the little old lady) contimplates it and then drives off. Probably feeling bad and a little offended.

Oh Suzanne. I miss those days. :)