Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Robots don't smell like pee


I hate potty training. I don't want to spend time reading books on it either. I just want someone to say this is how you do it and get it done with. I tried giving her a jedgie (jelly) beans after every potty sitting, we got new underwear, new potty decorated it with stickers and she has seen her friends and people she admired use the potty. She just stands where she is and watches the pee fall out.

I am taking Melanie's idea and banning her from potty training till she is three.

This was my last straw:

She has a book about dogs, a fabric book where you feel the dog fur. She used the book as a stepping stool and peed all over it.

"UGH!" I groan. "That's disgusting."

"I a goofy goober!" says the excited Adia.

"No," I said, "you're a hobo."


.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I honestly think Melanie has a great idea there. Make that child BEG to use the potty, and then make her beg some more.

And then eat jedgie beans in front of her and LAUGH.

Sacajawea said...

I laughed

Gretch said...

LOL! All I know is you can NOT force a child, I've tried and failed miserably. These little humans are born with their own time line. Good luck and know it will happen... eventually.

Anonymous said...

My Neice has just turned 2 she did her first pee on the potty the other day but she did cause noone encouraged her my sis in law left the potty out and in her own time she just went up and did it..Then we all praised her for it lol

Raych said...

I haven't even tried with Olivia... Mellie is a genious!

Melanie said...

Yes, I am a genious, Raych. Or is is genius...oh, well, thanks. I loved this post; I love how potty training seems like such a good a idea until you try it. One accident and the allure of potty training is GONE.

Adia is adorable.

Jessica said...

urg, I feel your pain!! it was the same way with Joshy, always peeing everywhere, so I just dropped it... then when he was a little older, like three and a half, I would just ask him every morning, pull-up or underwear. Eventually he asked for underwear and there was no more of this peeing foolishness. Morg asks for underwear and throws a fit if we put anything else on, and still pees all over. Oh, and poops in the play room.

Chrissy said...

I'm so sorry Jessica, Gretchen and every other mother out there. Literally this stinks.