Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Illustrated Baby

Why do I bother reading?
If it's a good book, I'm upset when it's over and sulk around the house looking for something else good to read.

When I finish a good book I am in a vulnerable state. I will take any book endorsement and read.
"Here read this," a friend suggests. "It's about people who love each other and their love shines on even though they are zombies vagrants in the harsh modern city of San Jose. Everything is solved when a flying yellow cat in a turban swoops down and solves everyone problems. plus there is a huge section in the middle about Napoleon and his wars."
If I don't like the book I can never be friends with that person again.

Please send me recommendations I have to many birthdays to remember.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

I'm going to say this before anyone else... 'Put a kitty in it.'

Rebecca said...

Twilight. A sparkly lesbian vampire falls in love with a girl with no personality. That's got to be awesome, right?

whitney said...

Hmmm, I would suggest something but then you might hate it and could never talk to me again.

So, I'm not going to recommend anything, but I will say I'm reading Atlas Shrugged right now and it's proving to be thought-provoking.

Nicki said...

"The Impact of a Single Event" by R.L. Prendergast. It's fantastic! Guaranteed you will be grumpy when it is done... that's how much you will like it! :)
Nicki