Friday, January 23, 2009

The banshee of Disney



Adia loves mermaids. She wakes up shouting "Mommy mermaid."

If I ask her who she is on the cell phone with it's "mermaid." She wears a mermaid dress during the day and eats off mermaid dishes.

If I need to get some major things done I search mermaid on youtube and play "under the sea" for her.

I was kneading bread when I hear the most awful screeching. It was as if scuttle the seagul finally had a solo. I looked at my poor child, She had her fingers as far down her ear canal as she could cram them. The sound was horrible, but she still didn't want to take her eyes off the mermaid clips.

I don't need to say that the Disney corporation has no quality standard. There are the many horrific, almost mythical beasts it has spawned. I have discovered the one they call Miss Tisdale.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

At first I thought you meant Adia was screeching because her ear hurt, but she didn't want to leave the mermaid clips. Then I remembered that I'd heard this story: Ashley Tisdale + singing = PAINFUL. Got it.

Sacajawea said...

Watched it...

I hurt now

whitney said...

Is it just me or does Little Miss Tisdale have the biggest case of backcombing this side of 1965?

Matsby said...

It's too bad they let her ruin such a great song.

On the DVD of Aladin I think there is a version of A Whole New World by Ashley Simpson and that guy she was married to.

Maybe we could start a letter writing campaign.