Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Under the Sea


The only camera I have is on my computer. (I had a digital one, but Adia + sand + camera = broken. ) So Adia was being adorable in the bath and looking so clean and rosy that I wanted to take a picture I drew it instead. I'm going to pull out some of my acrylics for Adia's next birthday.

Adia <3 mermaids. There's a story I read her at night about fairies combing mermaids hair. When we get to that page, we have to stop and talk about the mermaids. And the baby mermaids. And the bubbles. And the mermaids, and the mermaids, and the mermaids...

It's gotten out of hand. I showed her "Under the Sea" and "Part of Your World" and now whenever I say "Under the Sea," she echoes me. She has a newly discovered love of her garage sale $1.00 Ariel heels.

Yeah, mermaids wear high heels, trust me.

So here is my guilty pleasure.

The Little Mermaid was my first Disney movie experience. Like the rest of my peers, there was nothing I wanted more than to be a mermaid and to sing. I would have sold my parents for it. My older sis and I would have competitions on who sang more like Ariel. My brother (our judge) would declare one the winner. The loser would physically attack the winner and the competition would have to start all over again.

I am finally Ariel. I get to sing these songs to Adia (with my high pitched lisping voice) and she looked at me with her big brown eyes that say, "You sing like Ariel, mommy."

4 comments:

Holdinator said...

Sorry about your camera.

I declare you the winner too.

Jessica said...

better mermaids and fairies than Mario and Batman.


Trust me.

Chrissy said...

oooooooh I own all of Batman the animated series. I <3 batman. Spencer and I started dating because he passed a comic book test.
I'm still hoping to win Adia over to the batman side.

Jessica said...

Duuude. I just got the animated series for Christmas. It's my favorite ever.

What I mean is, there's a lot more punching involved with super heros. More gushing wounds, like scrapes. And have you TRIED removing batarangs from dry wall? Nightmare!

However, Adia would make a very nice little batgirl.