Tuesday, December 2, 2008

doing great at pitying myself

My grandparents had 13 kids. It was my grandpa's goal in life was to have over 100 grandkids. Though my relatives multiplied like rabbits 100 was not reached, but there are a lot of us. I decided tonight that I would actually comment on some of their blogs though I doubt half of them would know what I am. Sadly with it being 3 am I managed a lot of "cute's" with exclamation points.

Sorry about that.

Not sure if it's Bellingham, or me, but I get a lot of people yelling at me. Today I was called several naughties for dropping off a package in the post office drop box. The man was upset that I didn't wait in line to have a mailman take my package. When a customer tried to explain that I was in the right, he started swearing louder. I'm so glad I don't work at the post office in December.
I actually get this a lot.
Overhearing me talk to my sister a guy said I sound like a duck, another eavesdropper said I have no taste in music, and a couple of times recently I have have guys tell me that my boobs aren't big enough.
I must have a sign around my neck that says,
"Please tell me what you don't like about me because for you, I will change. Seriously your opinion matters to me. because you, man with mullet, mother dressed in daughter's clothes, or gay man with secret crush on my husband who puts me down whenever he sees me, I am helpless without you."
Though I'll put up with the crazies if it means I get to live next to this.

Now I better cough up some more blood.


oh and I forgot to post, Spencer has a flash story published go read it for free here.
http://www.flashquake.org/nonfiction/how-to-tell.html

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That's bizarre. I haven't heard of anyting like that, so I can't say it's Bellingham. Maybe you've been cursed with Insult-Magnetism, like San's roommate, Seamus, is cursed with bad luck. :-(

Unknown said...

Signed, Elizabeth

Sacajawea said...

how weird!

Mark Nott said...

Spencer's link didn't work for me.

Chrissy said...

sorry the link is here
http://www.flashquake.org/nonfiction/how-to-tell.html

Zachary said...

It's about time you started listening to complete strangers. After all, they do know everything...just ask them.

For what it is worth, I think you are awesome.

Momma Mimi said...

YOur hair IS beautiful! and so are you! I still have a doll rom you that you made me :) hope you are good!
love,Mimi

Rebecca said...

I don't know what they're talking about - your boobs are HUGE.

Mark Nott said...

HA! I love his story. I never thought about it before but it's true, missionaries have the best stories.

Lara said...

Loved Spencer's story--flashqake is a site I have bookmarked--mostly for their poetry, but I didn't make the connection to his name until I wandered over here and saw your post :)