Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's never so simple


Adia didn't want to sleep last night. I've been keeping her up too late the last couple of nights, so last night when I got her ready for bed she cried for a very long time.
I called my mom trying to get assurance that everything is okay.

The doom begins.
mom: did you check her diaper?
me: yep
mom: did you check if there was a rubber band on her arms or legs? That's how our dog lost half his ear. Once there was a baby who wrapped a piece of hair around her finger until all the circulation was stopped.
me: that's all right, she stopped crying
mom: Well go check on her! babies can suffocate on blankets and toys!

I would just laugh this off but it does seem like babies have a death wish. I hear so many horror stories from other moms. I try not to let them get to me, I'm already paranoid enough.

3 comments:

Spencer Ellsworth said...

Did you know babies who are blogged about are five billion times more likely to get cancer?

Yeah, seriously.

Holdinator said...

What? Really? I've got to delete half of my posts now!

sachiko said...

I had a dream last night and you were in it. I was trying to help you get ready for prom, and you were a promzilla.