Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I kissed my cat and I liked it

At church I teach a class for the high school girls.
I try to think back to things in my child hood that would be a good object story; like my brother threw a mouse at me and that's why you shouldn't lie cause it's like the lies are mice and you are forcing them on people who do not want mice/lies on them, or there were the times my brother threw jelly fish at me and that means you shouldn't steal cause those jellyfish did not like to be taken out of their home, or there was a time my brother tickled me till I peed my pants and you shouldn't kill people because their blood will go all over just like pee and they wouldn't like that.

I was thinking about my great grandmother who was a trapeze artist.
.... hmm that's not right. I had never heard anything but I distinctly remember discovering my great grandmother was an acrobat. But my mom's grandma wasn't in the circus, where did that memory come from?
Then I remembered when I was little I was going through my mom's drawer and I found pretty silky lingerie. I figured that it must belong to a beautiful circus performer and since my mom had clothes from her grandma I figured it must belong to her. I ran to my mom and showed her the beautiful costume and asked her if I could wear it. She took it away and I never found it in her stuff again. I figured it was because she didn't want me to run away and join the circus.

3 comments:

Zachary said...

Cousin Chrissy!! How are you doing? Thanks for commenting on my blog. I added your blog to my list...I hope you don't mind.

I hope you and Spencer and family are all doing well!!

Holdinator said...

Those analogies are amazing. I should use them when I teach gospel doctrine this week.

Rebecca said...

Those are the Best Object Lessons EVER. Especially the one about not killing people because their blood will get all over.