Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sticks for Christmas

Adia told me she is writing her ABC's. She showed me her picture and pointed to the letters saying. B, F, R, Y, M and WIt's pretty funny that she doesn't try to draw a mermaid or cat. Just letters.

Kids are okay, I guess. But what would make them really awesome would be if they ate bugs and it didn't hurt them. Infants would be hunting down plump little ants and crunchy-on-the-outside, squishy-on-the-inside spiders. Once they turn 10 or so they would grow out of the bug eating and become a typical adult.

(Recently there have been a massive immigration of bugs into my apartment. They really freak me out. I have found centipedes!)

Babies hunting spiders would make for some AWFUL Spiderman villains. Spiderman would be taunting mutated children as he beat them up. Baby Spice would be a lot freakier and would be sucking on grubs and not chupa chupa lollipops.

Adia told me this stick was a Giraffe.


If anyone plans on getting Adia a gift this Christmas just send sticks.

6 comments:

Holdinator said...

A regular chip off the old Spencer, eh?

Rebecca said...

Start blogging about how your mutant baby hunts giant bugs and fights crime, all while teaching herself calculus and Russian. See how long it takes for the government to come after her.

Jessica said...

look, just put her to work. I mean, if Spenc is having a hard time, put him on the bug detail and make Adia start earning her keep! she's slacked off long enough!

Sacajawea said...

I love your blog

whitney said...

lol...at all of it, really. ewww about the bugs, though. I am sooo not a bug lover. I love Adia's giraffe, that's so creative! I hear ya on the letters though, Ezra's the same way. He doesn't really draw pictures and never has. When he was really little all he'd do was draw colors, lines, and patterns and now it's all letters. *shrug*

Emily said...

As Rebecca pointed out, this is not in the normal range of kidish-ness. She's definitely astounding, awesome, adorable, and astronomically amazing! Of course, as her grandma, I am perfectly qualified to make these pronouncements. . . . I MISS HER BADLY! I want to jet up there some weekend and play with Adia. Maybe I can get a cheap fare on Southwest's "ding" thing. I'll try.