Friday, February 6, 2009

Collapsible bones


After being 10 minutes in the grocery store, Adia loses it. She wants to touch everything, especially the pretty glass bottles. I try to grab her arm but she goes completely limp.

It's so sudden. Like her skeleton is an illusion and she is filled with pudding. Since I am not grabbing her arm hard she falls to the ground and cries from the shock that gravity would pull her to the earth once her body returned to the pudding state.

So everyone hears "Adia come here," and sees a child sprawled and crying on the floor. This would be normal in Montana or Wal-mart but here Adia and I look completely dysfunctional.

Adia did this four times today in Haggen's.

All is forgiven because when she came home she wanted to dress as an octopus. She's totally my child and she rocks.

Also I think I should market a doll filled with pudding.

random thing #3- The job I really want is to illustrate comic books. That would be my top professional choice.

6 comments:

sachiko said...

I'm surprised that thing still fits! Didn't she wear that for her first halloween? Or do you keep buying her a new costume when she grows out of it :)

Chrissy said...

No same one.
We've been to the Docs a lot cause she hasn't grown much.
This past Halloween I really wanted to dress her up as Wonder Woman but the octopus costume still fit so I decided to save the money.

Jessica said...

She's tiny! But so freakin' cute. Good thing... naughty girl!

Rebecca said...

Normal in Montana or Wal-Mart. Nice.

I saw on Supernanny that, in order to keep kids in line in the grocery store, you have to engage them. Give them a list of things that they're in charge of (with pictures, since they can't read), and they get to pick those things out, put them in the cart, etc. I've never tried it though, so it might not work on Pudding Girl (chocolate or butterscotch?).

Chrissy said...

ooh I have tried that with Adia like "Adia we need to find something red to eat, can you find something red?" But it doesn't work for more than 10 minutes. Especially with Spencer and Adia's allergies I have to read labels...sigh.

whitney said...

Wait. How did I not know Adia had allergies? What is she allergic to? Ezra is allergic to milk, peanuts, and raw eggs. Georgia has actually recently grown out of her milk and soy allergies.

As for Pudding Girl, don't worry, it's just something kids do. I'm sure any other mom in the store would understand you don't beat your child. Unless she also gave herself a black eye. Then they might wonder.