Sunday, November 16, 2008

nightmares


Big Sis: Chrissssiieee?
Me: What!
Big Sis: Can you sleep with me?
Me: No!
Big Sis: You can wear anything of mine tomorrow...

Me:...fine.

I had to sleep on the outside so that I would be captured first.
So that is how my my night went up until my sister was in tenth grade. Then my little sister was big enough to protect her and I was no longer needed.

My older sister is terrified of aliens. My siblings and I were obsessed with watching Unsolved Mysteries, which meant that my older sister continued her fear of ET. Although my dad would chase us downstairs to ensure Big Sis would sleep, we would peek through the railings and watch as aliens tormented humble folk with their googly eyes.

Big sis is still afraid of aliens now, mixed with a fear of Ted Bundy.

Me, I'm terrified of spinal cords. Last night I had this creepy dream that I was laying on top of a spinal cord. I woke up sweating and sighed. What a relief. It was only a dream. It wasn't until I woke that I realized it was not a dream and I slept on one all night. Gah, it creeps me out there is one inside me.

4 comments:

Mark Nott said...

speechless

Spencer Ellsworth said...

Ted Bundy looks like my old roomate.

Oh wait, he IS my old roomate.

Rebecca said...

Creepy baby-head chandelier? No, that's totally cute! Spinal cords? Now THOSE are creepy.

Ummmm....

Anonymous said...

How dare you make an alien of me in my Harajuku lovers long-sleeved thermal? You are a disgrace to the harajuku lovers.