Saturday, January 5, 2008

Angst

I'm packing up our house for the move and I came across Spencer's old journal.
It was very entertaining, full of angst. My favorite line is when he wonders if I am good enough for him.

We don't have any food in our house except for buckets of milk. Well, we have one and a half gallons. We don't drink milk we have it on cereal but we don't even eat cereal much so to salvage the last of it we made lots and lots of pudding. It's pretty gross.

We were trying to figure out dinner. Spencer voted for twice baked pudding potatoes.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

What did it say? This is what I imagine:

"As for Chrissy...she's beautiful, but is she as beautiful as I am? Does her hair shine in the sun as mine does? Are her eyes as deep and full of feeling? Is her skin as youthful and sprightly? And what about intelligence? She's smart, but I'm SO, SO smart - does she at least come CLOSE to my brilliance? Is her wit as sharp and sparkling as mine? Oh diary, I am torn."

Spencer Ellsworth said...

Like that, but with less humility.

Holdinator said...

Full of angst? If there was some way for him to throw "Rudi" (me old longboard) to the ground with a loud curse, that's what I would imagine as "full of angst."