Sunday, October 14, 2007

testing

I'm trying to edit my blog the way I want it.
here is a story of something that happened last spring:

When I was little I really, really wanted a pony, and I would name her moonshine. I found out a little while later that it meant alcohol but I still want to name a pony moonshine.

I signed up for a 3d animation class but I needed a pre-requisite I didn't have. I didn't find out about that till Wednesday so on Friday I tried to get into another class but it was canceled . so that is the back up story:

Monday I signed up for a children's literature class. I thought it was going to be writing and illustrating children's stories but I think it was a class for children.

The teacher tells us a children's story:
two kids have 12 cookies, 2 more come and they have to share between them and then two more and then in come six and everyone gets one cookie.
in-between the children coming in, the mother in the story is saying "no one bakes cookies like grandma"
so the teacher asks us "what can we learn from this story?"

one girl says um... how to make cookies?

I knew I had to switch classes when the teacher referenced family circus cartoons.


The teacher emphasized that it was such a MIRACLE that children learn language.
We are in a college class, children learning to speak is not a miracle.

Maybe it's the repetition. you shove a bottle in someone's face saying bottle over and over they'll eventually learn it.
My teacher probably did acid.

I canceled the class.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I took children's lit at Chapman and it was pretty awesome. Every book we read had been banned from a school somewhere, and we learned about how old nursery rhymes and fairy tales have all this innuendo and stuff. The only downside was watching the old "Bridge to Terabithia" movie because it's SO CHEESY and I laughed through the whole thing, and people kept glaring at me. I guess it's supposed to be sad and touching. Gross.

Carly Rose said...

I totally know what book you're talking about. "then the doorbell rang" or something like that. i loved yelling that when i was little. i still yell it when i read the book. and someday, when i read it to adia i'll yell it to her. haha