Thursday, October 18, 2007

my baby eats off the floor

I went with my mom to church a couple Sundays ago.
It's in the suburbs with suburb mommies. Adia was smiling a at some admirers and spits out this thick cottage cheese like mess.
Not wanting the women to get upset that my baby spit up all over their church, especially since it's my mom who would have to live with it, I quickly scrub the floor. Getting up notice that Adia is happily wearing some I take the cloth and swipe her clean.
The women looked at me in horror, "You cleaned the floor with that and THEN your baby?"
I smile and shrug.
Adia spends most of her day licking the carpet of our apartment.

I think if you got up for someone five times during the night to feed them you wouldn't be awake enough the next day to stop them eating the floor or to notice you are cleaning them with a dirty cloth.

2 comments:

sachiko said...

I miss you dearly. Sadly, my humor is not as random as it once was. You've inspired me. I love cheese... and my Pocahontas arm... now where did I put that?

Unknown said...

Oh man. Hi-LARious.