Monday, May 12, 2008

The genius in me



I hear this too often, "He's really smart just not focused." It goes along with the gifted children post on stuff white people like, Diesle Sweeties posted on it too.
I have a friend who has a 4.0 for three years at a university. I told a mother who's son goes to the same university, "My son is a genius he could get those grades if he applied himself." This is said about a kid who had his computer stolen after he left it in a cafe to go get high.


I am impressed when I met people who are disciplined in their hobbies and professions. If you kid can do complicated math equations but fails to do homework because they are watching Boy Meets Wold re-runs I don't think you are allowed to call her a genius.

Speaking of genius, a cat pooped on our roof last night. I see it every time I walk outside.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

If I had a kid I'd be like, "He's really focused, he's just not smart."

Chrissy said...

I'm stealing that line.