Thursday, May 8, 2008

Funny Love



Spencer had been reading this fantasy series he loves. It's George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. The first book, Game of Thrones is over 800 pages. He reads them while I work. We finished the first book staying up till midnight.
He was so excited to finally talk to me about it.
"What do you think?"
"I don't know ask me in the moring."
"You didn't like it?"
"No, it's ...it's just so bleak there's nothing happy in the end. There is no love, Every marrige has the husband die, the girl's baby dies and the young girls are beaten daily. It's just ends so bleak and you say the next book is all war I'm not sure I want to keep reading."

....

"I knew you wouldn't like it. It's not Pucca."

Spencer and I have always had opposing opinions of entertainment. Mainly I like anything animated and Spencer needs fighting.

This Pucca
is one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Spencer Ellsworth said...

if Pucca had a little more blood and guts I'd be all for it.