Tuesday, April 29, 2008

your rice are belong to me

Rant time!
I went to go buy some more brown rice since I'm all out.
I went through 25 pounds in three weeks. Since Spencer has celiac so we eat rice for almost every meal. Our staple breakfast is brown rice, avocado, tomatoes and soy sauce.
I grind up rice for everything I bake.
You can imagine how furious I am that I cannot find rice in the stores. This rice shortage has thrown everyone into mass panic. I know people who have stocked cupboards full when I've never seen them cook even a cup of rice.
Everyone who freaked out and stocked up on rice go return your cases to the store unless you will actually eat it. Remember with every mouth full of rice you eat a starving kid in Africa is saved.

I overhead a 12 year old girl talking with her sister.

big girl: I know a girl whose black and she's actually really nice, I mean if you find someone whose black they can be really nice. Like, if you find one that looks nice. They are really nice people.

Younger girl: You're suppose to call them Native American.

1 comment:

Spencer Ellsworth said...

I have it on good authority that the "not nice" Native Americans are stealing all our rice.