Sunday, February 10, 2008

we've been waiting for a whale

Last night I had a dream.
* *wavey scene transition* *
There was a man trying to get Spencer and I to stay at his camp. He opened a box that was as big as a T.V. Neatly packaged inside was every cartoon ever made in chronological order.
"What year were you born?" he asked. There was a definite hint of pure evil in his voice.
"84."
"Oh than you liked My Little Ponies."
I feigned enthusiasm. Although reliving my pony rage would be fun, for the most part 80's cartoons really sucked. He should have temped me with the cartoons from the 30's-40's. I'm a sucker for those surrealist Little LuLu and Betty Boops.
I told him we really needed to go.
Spencer and I took off and ran until we got to the end of a cul-de-sac.
Black clothed torsos with ninja masks fell from the sky landing in the grass ahead of us. Spencer and I stop breathless in the center scared to go further.
"We are the limbless ninjas watch us EXPLODE!" With that they exploded. There was a wall of fire and smoke ahead of us. When it clears the limbless ninjas miraculously their unharmed bodies appeared to the right of us and begin to repeat their motto.
They fade as a new song begins to crescendo over them "Love, love, love..." A chorus surrounded us. They were normal people with a few people in animal costumes and street performer clothes. This eclectic group surrounds us leaving an opening for the marching band that accompanies. The band is an over the top replica of the animated Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band . They are some are on stilts. They are distorted and lead everyone in singing "All You Need is Love."

Spencer and I broke through the crowd and ran through a field.
Teenage Pete Townsend tackled Spencer. I helped break Spencer free as we continued being chased by Townsend who was then joined by Mark Hamill dressed in the fighter pilot outfit. We reached the end of a tall dock. This was our pick up location for a whale to come and return us to our home.
Townsend was still after us, I explained to Hamill that we don't want to go to the camp, he decided he would fight on our side, jumped in a truck and ran over Townsend.
This happened on the dock which then began falling into the water from the weight.
Hamill, in the truck, was the first to start sliding into the water. Hamill saluted and gave us a half smile as his truck slowly rolled off the dock. Townsend was less graceful, clinging to the increasingly vertical dock his hands slipped and he fell screaming into the water.
Spencer and I follow.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your dreams are the only ones interesting enough to hear about. Definitely make them into children's books (with maybe some alterations to make them more story-like). I would LOVE to see the illustrations.

Lechelle said...

I agree with rebecca, I want to see pictures.
You would think that if it were your dream then your dream would know you would rather have comics from the 30's-40's than comics from the 80's. Maybe you secretly miss my little pony and are embarrassed about it so you could only express it in a dream? Or maybe you really really wanted to not get sucked in so your dream chose a comic you disliked on purpose, because if he had brought out betty boop then you would have fallen for it and stayed at the camp and never woken up.

Holdinator said...

Mark Hamill is always on the good guys' side.