Monday, February 18, 2008

nosey neighbors

I live with my landlord below me.
I know nothing about her and despite my efforts I never got any information. I gave up and just googled her name. Not only did I find out where she was April 3rd 2006 I found audio recordings of her narrating her life.
Since she was 16 she wanted to be a fisherman. Repeatedly she was rejected until one day while enrolled in Evergreen College she was hired to come within a week to Alaska to come aboard a fishing ship. Once there the cops were arresting the man who hired her on rape and child molestation charges. She was stranded in Alaska with little money. She finally found some jobs and ended up fishing in Norway. I'm still listening to the recordings.
I am a big fan of This American Life and I blame them for my joy in these findings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and website! (Especially the unicorns...)